It’s time for Magnate, a project I’ve been working on for nearly 7 years, to become a reality
Applying a cost-benefit framework to a specific mechanic in a TTR expansion, I explore if we can create a more objective way of weighing-up design decisions; at least as far as set-up goes.
Many years and quite a few designs ago, I made a mini-expansion for Dominion. It’s been sat in a drawer ever since. So as an experiment in criticism and self-reflection – and with the benefit of hindsight – I’ve decided to dissect it. I want to see what I did well… and not so well, and what lessons I can learn from it about design.